We all have been there when your software doesn’t give justice to your hardware in your android device. For the enthusiasts who are ready to tweak their camera performance this guide and healthy tip is for you. After Google showed off their machine learning algorithms during the Pixel 2 launch. Everyone got surprised seeing the pixel 2’s camera quality. So our wonderful devs over at XDA provided us a great way to use the same algorithmic batter for your smartphone’s camera performance to reach its potential.
Its always been one of the best camera app in the Android space but with the port for the other snapdragon devices and Exynos devices there is a new port from XDA devs.
Here are some samples directly from XDA:
This gives us a insight on how much improvement your camera will have. The port is unfortunately not supported in other chipsets except Snapdragon and Exynos.
- You need to have Camera2API support else portrait mode wont work.
- If you don’t have Camera2API support then you can follow XDA forum of your device to enable it.
- Download the apk file from the download links.
- Uninstall any other Google camera apk if you have.
- Install the apk on your device